Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Historic Destinations

Moving right along with the A-Z challenge today brings us to H.  Words that start with H and have to do travel.......for hubby and I the biggest word is History, Historical.  We love visiting historic landmarks around the country, and elsewhere.  Touring and learning the story behind something to me makes it all so much more enjoyable.  Whether we stop to read an historic sign, or tour a historic home, or visit historic battlefields or enjoy the art that surrounds historic monuments; we always learn new things in our travels.  Doing this gives us a better understanding about how our country developed.

One thing hubby and I don't share an interest in though is a haunted tour.  I always want to take them, and he never does.  A haunted tour takes place at night, and I don't want to do that solo; so...it's something I've yet to do.

However, I've lunch at a Haunted and Historic Tavern.  Click here for the story about the murder.
Where....right here in Ohio.

Pop in Often, remember Menu Mondays for dining tips, Traveling Tips on Thursday, and any day for vacation destinations.

13 comments:

  1. I love history and visit as many historic sites as I can. I always try to read about the history before visiting. Haunted tours are offered in Eureka Springs, MO, where the Ozarks Creative Writing conference is. My friends go sometimes - I stay in the room and write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, I would go with your friends in your place, lol.

      Delete
  2. I grew up in a historic town- Plymouth, Massachusetts. Lots of fun touristy things there to keep us busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, and talk about a historic place...wow

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO, you live in Ohio, as well? I'd love to hear about places you recommend visiting. And I'd love a good ghost tour. I'm always looking for a fun day trip. I, too, love historical landmarks. When we lived in Virginia, we were in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Chillicothe area and Marion area so much history there, but truly stop and read and photograph every historic sign I can. Where in Ohio are you?

      Delete
  5. I love visiting historic sites too and love the idea that people have walked over these same ruins thousands of years ago. Stopped by from the A-Z challenge. Happy Writing!
    www.foreignfeasts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily, I cannot get to your blog, your link only goes to your google plus page where I can not see anything about your actual blog, only comments you've left on other blogs, please leave the link to your actual blog post, would love to return the visit and comment. I even took time to look for a mean of contacting you; but there isn't any on your google plus page.

      Delete
  6. I love historical tours/travel. I would stay away from the haunted night tours, but I wouldn't mind them during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, We love the history...especially the "story" part of history very much as well. BTW - We've taken a couple of "haunted" tours, because they're fun! Most are tongue in cheek with a little history sprinkled in. It's worth going on one to see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Corinne. Might go on one the next trip which will be Utah.

      Delete
  8. Hubby and I tried a haunted tour with our girls in Georgetown last year, but were not really impressed. We love historic sites too, seen best with a guide or a guide book.

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments left with name and url will be returned. NO PROFILE links please!